The Parish of the Resurrection
The school lies in the grounds of Saint Lawrence Church. Beyond the obvious locational and historical ties, the school benefits from a strong relationship with the church:
- Regular collective worships taken by members of the clergy
- A collective worship once a week is held in St Lawrence Church
- Celebration of Christian festivals & end of term services - e.g. at Easter we have used the school and church grounds to perform an Easter passion play involving all the children in the school. At Christmas each year, Key Stage 2 perform a Christmas Cantata with a nativity tableau in St Lawrence Church.
- Meetings with the school leadership team
- Use of the Church buildings
- Working with the Anna Chaplain and visiting old people's homes in the local area
- Service after School - an opportunity for parents to bring their children to church to for an informal "Messy Church" style experience
- School Teddy Bears Service - an extension of a service for the Teddy Bear Toddler Service. Our Key stage 1 children come over to church once a month to engage in an informal service with a bible story, singing and prayers.
- Year 6 were involved in an art project where the school's Christian values were the focus and St Lawrence Church now has 3 banners hanging in the church for Love, Compassion & Respect.
- On their last day, Year 6 come to the church in the morning for some quiet reflection, time to be together and to create memories of their time at St Lawrence Church.
- Our Collective Worship Crusaders have the opportunity to meet with our Vicar and a Foundation Governor
- A Foundation Governor goes in weekly to work with Early Years