The Parish of the Resurrection
The school, which was built in 1840, lies in the grounds of Saint Lawrence Church. Beyond the obvious locational and historical ties, the school benefits from a strong relationship with the church:
- A weekly Collective Worship is led by members of the clergy and leaders from other churches in Alton
- Celebration of Christian festivals & end of term services - e.g. at Easter we have used the school and church grounds to perform an Easter passion play involving all the children in the school. At Christmas each year, Key Stage 2 perform a Christmas Cantata with a nativity tableau in St Lawrence Church.
- Year 6 were involved in an art project where the school's Christian values were the focus and St Lawrence Church now has 3 banners hanging in the church for Love, Compassion & Respect.
- On their last day, Year 6 come to the church in the morning for some quiet reflection, time to be together and to create memories of their time at St Lawrence Church.
- Our Collective Worship Crusaders have the opportunity to meet with our Vicar and a Foundation Governor
- We have regular visits from Open The Book who share bible stories with the children through drama.